Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How to make your own cling stamps.


I'm really excited about this one. I'm running out of room for my wood block stamps, but don't like unmounted rubber stamps with Aleene's tack it over and over, so I thought wouldn't it be great if I could make my own clings! So I started searching the net and found Cling Vinyl at Create For Less. I've started changing them over and its been fantastic, so I had to make a video to share with you all. I hope everyone enjoys it.

(Sorry its a little shaky to start, I was holding it so I could show you my storage, I do put it on the stand 1/2 way in, hope I don't make anyone sick)


Since I made the video, I did have a few stamps that the adhesive wasn't as sticky so I just coated it with a thin coat of my zig pen and that worked fine.

Also I was carious if anyone else has done this since I haven't heard of anyone else doing this and I did find 2 other videos, one person is using this stuff that also comes with the foam and is about $5 a sheet (that's a little bit much for my budget) and the other women scans her stamps and then prints them, not a bad idea but I think its quicker to just stamp with the staz-on. The nice part of the Grafix Cling Vinyl Sheets is both sides cling where from what I read about some of the others is only one side clings

6 comments:

  1. Great video. I have a blog award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to come back! I can't see any of the videos on anyone's blogs because I need to update my Adobe Flash Player!

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video Christina! I am really thinking about doing this! I have to wait until I have more money to buy the cling, but I think that you convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea - the video is great - I must try this..Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! thank you!!! I love the idea!!! Where did you buy the cases???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stampin up sells the empty cases.

    ReplyDelete