Sunday, August 1, 2010

Will you be my bridesmaid card

I made this card over a month ago but was waiting for it to be posted on the wedding with the cricut blog but that's not looking like its going to happen, so I'm going to go ahead and post it as I think it looks awesome.

This project is for all those brides out there. One of the new theme’s in wedding planning is to send a card to the girls asking them to be in your bridal party. Brides are including these cards in a small package of goodies, or with a note about how important that person is to them.

Here is the card that I came up with.





To get the girls to stand up on the inside I used these pop up cards that I found at a stamping expo. You can find these cards at www.denamidesign.com if you’re interested; they are the three column. I bought a few different types to use as templates to make my own. I used another one to make a template for all of you. I wrote the measurements on it for you to see. It’s a bit hard to see in the picture but the dotted lines are the ones one top of each of the little columns.



If you cut and score as you are supposed to the card should look like this


Once I had my card cut and scored I covered the outside with the black poka-dotted paper, cut to 5.5” X 8.5”, which is from Me&My Big Ideas in their Mambi pack. Then using the Story book cartridge, I cut the Brushed silver paper from SU. I set the cricut to 4.5”, and blackout, shift and then Marquee 4. For the White I used Glossy White from SU and did the same as above but used the fancy corner key instead of black out. I cut the letters at 0.75” cutting twice once on shadow using Basic Black from SU and once with no keys set with Very Vanilla from SU.

For the inside I used the measurements posted above to cut my paper to fit around the area that popped up. I then cut the girls from the Forever Young Cartridge. The “bride” is model 19, and the Bridesmaids are model 20. I cut all at 2.5”. The brides dress is cut using the Glossy White paper. To do the Bridesmaids, I cut 2 normally and then the other 2 with the flip key on. I then cut just their dresses out of Basic Black, then with the layer key I cut the dress again using Real Red.
I’ve had this card in my head for awhile before I made it, and I was really surprised at how easily this card went together. I hope you all enjoyed today’s project!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a great card! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea, would you be willing to make a few of these for a bride?

    ReplyDelete